DescriptionDASH| MALE| 2 YEARS
- If you have been following us for awhile you will know who Dash is. Dash is a special boy who has been in our care since December 2019. He has proven time and time again that he is a fighter and even despite his many ailments is the most loving and caring soul.
- When he first came into our care he was paralyzed. Since being in Canada he has undergone multiple tests including bone taps, CT scans, X-rays, and has been to his fair share of orthopedic specialists , radiologists, and vets. He also has done and continues to do therapy. Dash’s vet visit from the summer showed that his back hips have degraded and are both out and one is in his pelvis. His front left leg, which is the deformed leg, also cant be fixed and it has no mobility but he uses it to push himself up. His front right elbow is starting to luxate out of the joint and it will continue to deteriorate until it ultimately ends up like this left leg but he has been doing good since then. Dash’s pain is managed and he continues to be a happy dog
- We’ve been lucky enough to have the most unbelievably amazing foster for Dash for the last 2 years and we cannot thank Joanne and her family enough for all they’ve done for Dash over the years. They are the true angels. However it is with a heavy heart that we have to begin to search for his new long-term foster or adopter.
- We will continue to support Dash financially, but are in need of a confident, experienced and committed person to take on the role of his palliative care. Despite Dash’s medical conditions he is always so happy to wake up and start his day! Dash is a smart dog and requires lots of mental stimulation to keep him happy and from being destructive when his needs are not met. Dash is happiest when he is outside so would be ideal to have someone with a big fenced yard where he can lounge in the sun and watch the world go by.
- Due to his medical issues Dash requires medications multiple times a day to keep him comfortable. He also has regular veterinary visits and twice weekly physio in Newmarket.
- If you’re interested or have any further questions please reach out via social, email or fill out a foster application at www.helpaws.com/foster
- Treated for fleas and ticks
- You can find more videos and pictures of Dash on our Instagram and Facebook pages! Follow us @helpaws or www.facebook.com/helpaws