If you are flying to Toronto Pearson Airport you can apply now to be a flight parent to escort our beautiful puppies to their forever homes! Being a flight parent is an incredibly rewarding experience. Because of people like you, our animals can leave their past behind and complete their journey to find their forever homes.
Are you visiting the Island of St Lucia!? Have you been looking for more ways to get involved?
What is involved?
- Let us know and together we can contact the airline to reserve the kennel spaces.
- Send us your full name, address, phone number so we can get the paperwork for the pups started!!
- On departure day, a HelpAWS Representative will meet you at the Saint Lucia airport, with the pups and all the necessary paperwork for the dogs, set up the kennels for travel, explain the paperwork, and send off the doggies with you where you would check your baggage.
- Upon arrival in Toronto you will declare on your customs form that you have brought live animals. Once you are in the baggage pickup area, you will retrieve your luggage as well as the kennels/puppies where you would oversize items. There is a West Jet counter off to the side you can ask for assistance if you need!
- Leaving the baggage area, you will go through secondary inspection. We will have contacted the customs vet prior to your arrival to let him/her know you are on the way. The customs vet will then come to inspect the dogs, and you will present them with the paperwork.
- Once finished with the inspection and paperwork, you will have to pay a fee which we will reimburse and you will meet the adopter(s) just outside the doors at arrivals. They then take the crates, puppies, and the puppies paperwork and we have one happy group of people!! You are the first person to see the happy ever after for some very deserving puppies, witnessing the instant love and warm welcome into their families can be unbelievably heart warming.